moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

Lawyer, mother, avid reader. Bingo host extraordinaire! Partner in crime to Obsidian Black Plague! My bookish weaknesses include classics, fantasy, YA, and agreeing to read more books than is even remotely possible.

The Bluestocking Project

I've been working up plans for Moonlight Reader's #ReadWomen2016 reading project:

I have developed various plans, which may or may not come to actual fruition.

First, I'm planning on focusing on early and mid-twentieth century authors, especially WWI, WWII and the interwar period women writers. I've got a pretty extensive list that I plan to read from:

Angela Thirkell
E.M. Delafield
D.E. Stevenson
Edna Ferber
Winifred Holtby
Barbara Pym

and others.

Second, I'm planning on doing an occasional and unscheduled series that I'm calling "The Lives of Girls and Women" to myself, where I read a memoir/biography/non-fiction about a woman or women living in a specific time period. Something like the Hermione Lee biography of Virginia Woolf, or I Married Adventure: The Lives of Martin and Osa Johnson by Osa Johnson, or Madeleine L'Engle's Crosswicks Journals, Few Eggs and No Oranges: The Diaries of Vere Hodgson 1940-45, Testament of Youth by Vera Brittain or Lark Rise to Candleford by Flora Thompson.

Third, I read a lot of YA, so I'm planning on catching up on a lot of the women authors that I haven't yet had a chance to read, both old(er) and new(er). As a subsidiary of this project, I'm going to continue reading Madeleine L'Engle's Chronos & Kairos series, and I'm going to - hopefully - do a full re-read of Tamora Pierce's Tortall books.

Fourth, I'm contemplating taking on a long series by a woman author, like Brother Cadfael by Ellis Peters (Edith Pargeter) or Amelia Peabody by Elizabeth Peters. Or both.

Miss Marple is also on the agenda for 2016.

That's enough for now, right?