moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

Top Ten Tuesday: A Reader's Wishes

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is so much fun - 10 Wishes I’d Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me. I can't resist:

1. The discovery of six more books written by Jane Austen.

2. A new red leather reading chair and ottoman for my library, along with three walls worth of built in bookshelves with their own wheeled ladder on a brass rail.

3. A complete set of the Persephone classics with their beautiful dove grey covers (along with a trip to their bookstore in London):

4. More Harry Potter books. Please, J.K. Rowling . . . pretty please. With sugar on top?

5. And to immediately possess a full set of the illustrated Harry Potter editions, even though only the first one has been completed.

6. An HBO adaptation of the Mary Russell series. Netflix/Amazon Prime would also work for me.

7. For sleep to be superfluous, so I could spend another 8 hours a day reading.

8. Endless funds with which to buy books and endless time in which to read them.

9. To be able to read The Lord of the Rings again for the first time. And for Middle Earth to be real.

10. A year spent travelling bookishly around the world, visiting Prince Edward Island (Anne of Green Gables), Sleepyside, NY (Washington Irving and Trixie Belden), St. Petersburg, Russia (Doctor Zhivago), Prague, Czech Republic (Daughter of Smoke and Bone) and London, oh, yes, London (Sherlock Holmes, Charles Dickens, Wilkie Collins, so many books set in London), and so many other areas of England, Inverness, Scotland (Outlander) with a credit card that has no limit and which I do not need to pay back and my job waiting for me when I get home.

Where is my bookish genie?