moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

Readathon wrap up!

Which hour was most daunting for you?

You know, I feel really good about it! I took some breaks when I needed to take some breaks, and really mixed up my formats, listening to an audiobook while I walked and reading a short story when my attention span flagged. It didn't daunt until I just got too tired and needed to go to bed. So I did!

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

The Subtle Knife was really intense. And The Dead House has a really unique format, which is very engaging.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

All hail the organizers. Nope, no suggestions. It was fan-fucking-tastic from start to finish.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

Everything? But, I loved the twitter cheering. Also, having one of my best bookish buddies reading with me upped the fun.

How many books did you read?

I finished 4 and started a fifth.

What were the names of the books you read?

The Cat Among the Pigeons (264 pages)

Jane of Lantern Hill (read 144 pages)

The Subtle Knife (read 326 pages)

The Dead House (read 293 pages)

The Affair of the Victory Ball (short story - 15 pages)

Something Wicked This Way Comes (listened 30 minutes)

The Sittaford Mystery (157 pages)

Total page count: 1199

Which book did you enjoy most?

I enjoyed them all. But Jane of Lantern Hill was completely charming and delightful.

Which did you enjoy least?

They all had elements that I liked. I can't answer this question!

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

100% likely, circumstances permitting! It was a blast!