moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

Lawyer, mother, avid reader. Bingo host extraordinaire! Partner in crime to Obsidian Black Plague! My bookish weaknesses include classics, fantasy, YA, and agreeing to read more books than is even remotely possible.

The half-marathon survey! #readathon

1. What are you reading right now?

Fortuitously, I just finished my third book of the readathon - Jane of Lantern Hill which was lovely beyond words. Lucy Maude Montgomery is a favorite authoress. One of the delightful things about the readathon is picking a new book. I'm either going back to The Subtle Knife to finish it, or I am going to start The Sittaford Murder by Dame Agatha.

2. How many books have you read so far?

As I just posted, my total page count so far is 900! I've finished Cat Among the Pigeons, The Dead House and Jane of Lantern Hill. These were all in progress when I started the readathon. I've also read half of The Subtle Knife.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the readathon?

To be quite honest, I was really just shooting for the half marathon. But I still want to get Walk the Earth a Stranger started. I think my most focused reading hours are probably behind me!

4. Have you had many interruptions? How have you dealt with them?

I had pretty well cleared the decks for this. I've had some minor distractions, but nothing that has slowed me down at all. My youngest is a teen, and he was gone most of the day hanging out with friends, so it has been very quiet around here! I made up two meat & cheese plates for lunch - one for my husband - so I've kept him happy even though I've been completely antisocial!

5. What surprises you most about the readathon so far?

That I've managed to read almost a thousand pages today! Woot woot!