moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

Moonlight Reader Q & A

1. What is your favorite childhood book?

So many favorite childhood books! I really loved my tattered copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales - it wasn't a particularly pretty edition (I have a much nicer one, now) but I read it to pieces. I also specifically remember reading this book as a very small child:

1001896

As I got a little older, Trixie Belden & The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis became favorites, and then, finally, I fell in love with Middle Earth. This is a love that has lasted a lifetime.

2. E-books or printed books?

Yes. And audiobooks, too. I probably read more ebooks these days than anything else, but I love stories in all of their formats.

3. What is your favorite place to read?

I have a library in my house, with a comfortable chair, good lighting, a fireplace, and, usually a kitten for my lap.

4. Is there any genre you would never read?

I dislike true crime because it is rarely true, and I think that memoir is largely self-indulgent hoohah with delusions of grandeur. Also, I'm a chicken, so most horror is out.

5. What’s your review rating system?

Honestly, I hate rating books. I find the whole process entirely useless. Thus, I think my ratings are probably equally useless. I give few five stars, few one stars, and a lot of three to four stars.

6. What is your favorite fictional character?

Eowyn of Rohan. She feels very real to me.

7. What was the best film adaption of a book?

I'm going to leave out Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings because they are totally awesome but have been adequately covered elsewhere, and go with The Wizard of Oz, which is not just a great adaptation in its own right, but is, in my opinion, actually better than the source material.

8. How do you choose the next book to read?

A complicated algorithm involving content, season, what is on my mind, and general bookish atmosphere.

9. Top 3 authors?

JRR Tolkien

Edith Wharton

Jane Austen

Top 3 authors still drawing breath:

Deanna Raybourn

Juliet Marillier

Brandon Sanderson

10. Is there any book release you are particularly looking forward to?

So many, but here are a few:

24876258 13206900 16065004 21104828