moonlightreader

In Siberia
Colin Thubron
Progress: 50/304 pages

Back from Vacation!

And for the first time in a lot of years, I actually didn't get much reading done. So I'll have to take my fantasy suggestions & move them to real life!

I haven't really had a chance to go back through & review what's been happening on BL, what with unloading the car, unpacking the food & starting the laundry. Everyone is dirty - this was our once a year week-long dusty camping marathon with family. It's always a blast, but man is everyone grimy when we get home.

We played lots of cards this trip - my daughter brought her boyfriend along, & he is a card player, and we played some board games as well, Ticket to Ride, Dominion, and an old game from her childhood called Dragonology (she's a freak for dragons, that one), and watched a bunch of movies in the trailer after it got dark because it was too hot & dry for campfires.

We watched Star Wars, Episode 4, Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (as incomprehensible as ever), and a couple of Indiana Jones (Raiders & Last Crusase - Temple of Doom sucks, and Crystal Skull collapsed the series into an alien story, wtf), and Independence Day, which for some reason is my favorite camping movie.

Anyway, I got back just in time to see that Troy has started a Tolkien Quest & I am stoked for a detailed reread!