moonlightreader

Martin Edwards
Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Well Played, Dame Agatha. Well Played.

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd: A Hercule Poirot Mystery - Robin Bailey, Agatha Christie

Continuing with my audio re-read of Agatha's golden age mysteries, I listened to this one.

I am positive I had either read it, or had been spoilered at some point, because I had the niggling suspicion as to the solution of this mystery quite early in the book. This would be unusual, given the intensely clever manner in which she solved it.

I've sent it to my daughter in print, along with The Secret of Chimneys, in the event she needs a break from chemistry. There's nothing like a Christie for relaxation, in my opinion.

I have been so thoroughly enjoying listening to these books - this is the third. In order:

1. Murder on the Orient Express (5 stars)
  2. The Secret of Chimneys (4 1/2 stars)
  3. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (4 stars)

Next up: Sparkling Cyanide. This is new to me, so we'll see how it turns out!