moonlightreader

Martin Edwards
Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Reading progress update: I've read 133 out of 323 pages.

The Walls Around Us - Nova Ren Suma

I was alone, outside, in a dense thatch of silence that felt like my life before. Before I was accused, when the whole world, my mom and little half sister included, still thought me innocent. That kind of summer from childhood, when the sprinklers in the backyard come on all for you, and the ice pop on a stick is yours for the licking, and school hasn’t started up again and it feels like it never will, and your mother hasn’t married that man yet, your mother hasn’t even met him yet, and it’s still just your mother and you. What I mean is, it reminded me of one of the happiest moments of childhood, before broken wrists and purpling bruises and nasty names hissed when my mother’s back was turned.