moonlightreader

Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

TBR Thursday: YA Fest

Dead to Me by Mary McCoy: Published by Disney's Hyperion, this is a stand-alone set during Hollywood's Golden Age. Did you get that? Hollywood's Golden Age! I love the time period, hopefully the book lives up to the anticipation. Paid: $11.39

Bone Gab by Laura Ruby: Set in the southern U.S., I don't know a lot about this book, but that one of my book club friends already read and enjoyed it. Paid: $9.78

Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver: I've never read Lauren Oliver, but this book, about the disappearances of two girls, looks interesting. Paid: $8.89

Kalahari by Jessica Khoury: One of my friends went to a book signing with Jessica Khoury, and said she was a really warm person. Another of my friends is getting her Ph.D. in some form of science that I probably wouldn't understand anyway, and is really excited to read something by Khoury, whose books usually contain a science-y component. Paid: $9.78

The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma: This book - and the author - have been everywhere. The Walls Around Us has been likened to Orange is the New Black and The Black Swan. I recently read the author's sophomore release, 17 & Gone, which I really enjoyed. This is at the top of the TBR - expect a review sometime in April. Paid: $9.99

Half Wild by Sally Green: I really liked Half Bad, and have been looking forward to this one. Paid $9.78

Voyage of the Basilisk by Marie Brennan: Released this week, this is the third in Brennan's fake memoir of Lady Trent, Victorian dragonologist and intrepid lady explorer in skirts. I love this series with the passion of a thousand burning suns. It is the shit, which explains why I was prepared to pay the fucking king's ransom that Penguin is demanding in order to own it. Paid: $12.99

Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell: Female teenage hitwoman in London? Yes please. Paid: $8.72.

Other Girl by Nicole Burstein: A super-heroine and her slightly less super, but still fabulously loyal, best friend. Looks fantasic. Paid: $7.99

And so, the total is: $89.31