moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

Reading goals for April

Many Waters - Madeleine L'Engle Scarlet: The King Raven Trilogy - Book 2 - Stephen Lawhead Half Wild (The Half Bad Trilogy) - Sally Green Miss Marjoribanks - Margaret Oliphant

I've not done a monthly reading goals post before - at least not recently enough that I can remember it! In an effort to organize my obligations, though, I want to at least get the down on paper. Or on electrons. Whatever.

So, in order from most important to least important (which has no relationship to the likelihood of them actually getting read):

1. Read Miss Marjoribanks for the Victorian Book Club. I'm looking forward to this, so it should be fun. (1)

2. Finish Northanger Abbey. I actually started Northanger Abbey about three weeks ago, but didn't make much progress, and then got sidetracked by Far From the Madding Crowd. So, I'd like to finish this one for the Jane Austen Book Club. (2)

3. Read my classics spin book. You can find my spin post here. I won't know what book this is going to be until Monday. (3)

4. Finish the Lawhead King Raven trilogy (the Robin Hood project). (5)

5. Read Howard Pyle's Merry Adventures of Robin Hood, as well as Robin McKinley's Outlaws of Sherwood. (7)

6. Read one my DWS books for the marriage theme read: The Law and the Lady, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall or Therese Raquin. (8)

7.  Catch up on outstanding classics club reviews (I'm behind 6 reviews). You can find that post here.

8. Read Many Waters by Madeline L'Engle (Book 4 in the Time Quintet). (9)

9. Read some new release YA: The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma, Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver and Half Wild by Sally Green. (12)

10. Participate in the read-a-thon on 4/25/15.

11. Watch the first season of the BBC series Robin Hood.

12. Finish the reread of Lord of the Rings by Tolkien (Return of the King). This should actually be higher on the list, but I don't want to renumber everything. (13)

I average between 12 and 15 books a month, so this is doable, if a bit intimidating.