moonlightreader

Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Hi, I'm Bathsheba Everdene

Far from the Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy, Shannon Russell, Rosemarie Morgan

And I'm Poor Decision-Making Bathsheba Everdene.

I sent a random Valentine to a guy on a neighboring farm asking him to marry me, even though I don't even like him! This turned him into an annoying semi-stalker who spent the next several years harrassing begging me to marry him for reals!

And then, in a further display of my terrible judgment, I married a philandering asshole who only wanted my money and my luminescent beauty! The girl he really loved starved to death with his unwanted child, so he spent a bunch of my money to buy her a really great headstone, and then ran away to join the circus!

And then, when he came back from the circus for no reason whatsoever, the semi-stalker shot him. AT CHRISTMAS! In front of the whole county.

Don't be like this me!

Marry Gabriel Oak on page 25, like you should have, you silly cow.