moonlightreader

Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Readerly rambles (a mini-review of Midnight Riot by Ben Aaronovitch)*

Midnight Riot - Ben Aaronovitch

For some reason, this book took me an unreasonable time to finish. It isn't that I didn't like it, but I also can't say that I loved it.

It hit a lot of my buttons - set in London, urban fantasy, interesting world-building, police procedural with fantasy elements. For all of that, though, I'm still not sure about it.

I'm not giving it a thumbs down, but I didn't like it as much as I like the Alex Verus series. I'll give the series another book, to see if it hooks me better the second time around.

*I've decided to do more mini-reviews in 2015. These are partly to tag my memory, because I find that writing anything about the book cements my memory, and partly because a full-blown review is a lot of work and I find that a lot of books just don't require that level of commitment.