moonlightreader

Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Deal Me A Fairy Tale - A Short Story Challenge

Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales - Holly Black, Kelley Armstrong, Rick Yancey, Neil Gaiman, Carrie Ryan, Saladin Ahmed, Melissa Marr, Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia, Tim Pratt, Gene Wolfe, Garth Nix, Charles Vess Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes - Lisa Mantchev, Francisco X. Stork, Leah Cypess, C. Lee McKenzie, Sarwat Chadda, Karen Mahoney, Suzanne Young, Heidi R. Kling, Angie Frazier, Shannon Delany, Suzanne Lazear, K.M. Walton, Pam van Hylckama Vlieg, Jessie Harrell, Gretchen McNeil, Nina Berry, Leigh Fallon, Max Ruby Slippers, Golden Tears - Ellen Datlow, Terri Windling Queen Victoria's Book of Spells: An Anthology of Gaslamp Fantasy - Ellen Datlow, Terri Windling, Jeffrey Ford, Genevieve Valentine Carniepunk - Rachel Caine

Jay @ Bibliophilopolis does a short story challenge every year. The idea is to choose a roster of 52 short stories, and assign each one a playing card in a standard deck of cards. Then each week, you draw on card from the deck, and that is the story that you read.

Announcement post for 2014 is here, if you're interested.

I've seen this challenge for at least a couple of years, but always forget about it and then don't remember I haven't signed up until around February, which bums me out because it means I am TOO LATE!

I have a bunch of short story collections laying around. This year, I am going to do it. My Deal Me In theme is fantastical tales, since most of my collections revolve around fantasy and fairy tales. I haven't selected the stories yet - I'll be working on that over the next few days once I sit down with the books.