moonlightreader

Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Happy All-Saint's Day

Talon - Julie Kagawa The Bront√ęs: Wild Genius on the Moors: The Story of Three Sisters - Juliet Barker Window on the Square - Phyllis A. Whitney

In the fashion of a woman who no longer has small children, I had a rather un-Halloweenish Halloween. We live in the country, so we get zero trick-or-treaters and my 14 year old son has finally abandoned the tradition. His Harvest Dance was last weekend, and that is really the Halloween Party for his school.

So my Halloween festivities consisted of taking the day off and cleaning the shed and the right bay of our two bay garage. We took 1600 lbs of crap to the local dump, and about half that again to Goodwill. Things are looking up!

Taking the day off for that miserable project was an inspired idea. I have loads of vacation time saved, and even though maybe it isn't the most fun day off in the world, doing a huge, miserable project on a weekday means that I still get two full days of weekend! Now I can read, watch movies, and generally hang out without feeling guilty!

That is my plan for the day. There will be finishing The Window on the Square, and then I am reading Talon with a facebook friend. At some point, my HP marathon has reached The Half-Blood Prince, so over the next two days I will almost assuredly finish the three remaining films (3 of my favorites, actually). After that, I am not sure what will come next . . . !

For Non-Fiction November, I am reading Juliet Barker's extremely long biography of the Bronte sisters, and I may take on one of the lesser Charlottes - either Shirley or The Professor. Any suggestions as to which one is better?