Lawyer, mother, avid reader. Game host extraordinaire! Partner in crime to Obsidian Black Plague! My bookish weaknesses include classics, fantasy, YA, and agreeing to read more books than is even remotely possible.
Full review (probaby) forthcoming - unless I get distracted by
ooh, shiny. Squirrel.
And don't get around to it.
Anyway, I will just say for right now (cryptically):
WTF Maud's dad? I am still completely dissatisfied with dad's reasoning:
1. My brother has been accused of murder for financial gain.
2. I am dying, and I'm going to leave my daughter an enormous fortune.
3. Which will pass to my brother if my daughter dies before he does.
4. Yes, that brother. The one who HAS BEEN ACCUSED OF MURDER FOR FINANCIAL GAIN.
5. Best idea ever: make him the guardian of my daughter!
6. What could possibly go wrong?
I swear - someone should have dug up his corpse just to beat him to death with a pointy hammer.